About Us

Jacksboro Newspapers

The Jacksboro Gazette-News, the oldest business in Jack County, was founded in June 1880 by J.N. Rogers and his two daughters, Alice and Joanna. Joanna stayed with the newspaper for 72 years until her death in 1952. She missed working only three issues during that period. At the death of Rogers in 1919 J. Robert Dennis became publisher and the paper remained in the Dennis family until early 1970 when owners of The Jack County Herald Mr. and Mrs. Leigh McGee purchased it. The newspapers operated as twin weeklies until July 2015 when they were consolidated into the weekly Jacksboro Herald-Gazette. It is owned by Graham Newspapers Inc., who was bought from Media News Group by Palo Pinto Communications in April 2016. Founded: 1880

Jacksboro Newspapers

212 N. Church
PO Drawer 70
Jacksboro, Texas 76458

Phone: (940) 567-2616
FAX: (940) 567-2071