The chapel was donated by John W. Carter and his wife Nettie Roberts Carter in 1950. The board plans to replace wooden doors with steel-skin doors, repair, replace and paint exterior wood trim, fill cracks in the wall, and make various other repairs and improvements as funds become available.
The work should begin within the month. Donations for further repairs, including to the original roof, can be sent to Lynn Creek Cemetery Association, c/o Doc Wigington, PO Box 856, Jacksboro 76458 or given to Hanna Reynolds, secretary/treasurer, at Comanche Bank in Jacksboro.
The cemetery was recognized in 2007 by the Texas Historical Commission. A large plaque on the cemetery grounds summarizes the history of the cemetery, which was founded in 1898, with the first burial being in 1878.
The board of directors appreciates those who contribute faithfully to the association for the ongoing maintenance of the cemetery property and facilities.